Braspag was challenged with managing the costs involved with implementing and maintaining the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and establishing a PCI DSS program. Critical to addressing this challenge was obtaining the commitment of senior management and finding vendors and partners willing and able to satisfy relevant PCI DSS requirements.
- Obtain the commitment of senior management and employees
- Maintain a solid annual budget for the program
- Monitor and develop continuous security controls
- Implement due diligence for suppliers
- Have a great team capable of supporting the program
Also on the blog: PCI DSS in Practice Case Study: Decolar