The Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP) is an individual, entry-level qualification in payment security information and provides you with the tools to help your organization build a secure payment environment. Becoming a PCIP demonstrates a level of understanding that can provide a strong foundation for a career in the payments security industry.
The PCIP certification must be renewed every three years. Requalification questions about the how and what often come in when someone has missed their requalification date. The month of October shows nearly 100 PCIPs who must requalify. We thought this would be a great time to remind everyone how the process works and exactly what must be done when to ensure a smooth requalification.
The following instructions are sent to every individual as their requalification date approaches:
To start the requalification process, you must submit Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours (10 hours per year for a total of 30 hours over three years) and register before your requalification date. For more information on Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits, please refer to the CPE Maintenance Guide.
Record your CPE hours and register by following these steps:
- Log into the PCI Portal
- Click on the "PCIP Requalification" button on the home page then "Submit CPE hours"
- Using the drop-down field, select the type of activity completed and enter a brief description.
- Click "Save" to calculate and view the total CPE hours recorded and the three (3) year running total.
- Select your requalification method:
- training and exam
- exam only
- Click "Submit" to send your CPE hours and requested requalification method.
After your registration has been accepted:
- We will email an invoice within three business days after you register.
- We will grant access to the requalification materials following acceptance of registration.
- You will have access to your requalification material for up to two (2) weeks after your requalification date.
- The online requalification exam is made available following payment, starting 4 weeks prior to requalification date. You must take the online exam no later than two (2) weeks after your requalification date or you will be deactivated on the PCIP listing. In order to rejoin the program, you will have to qualify as a new PCIP candidate.
If you have any questions or concerns about your requalification, please reach out to the PCIP Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not yet received your requalification notification, please contact us.