The PCI Security Standards Council has published the PCI Data Security Standard v4.0. The standard was developed with feedback from the global payments industry and provides a baseline of technical and operational requirements designed to protect account data. The standard was developed with the following priorities in mind:
Watch this video where PCI Security Standards Council staff discuss these goals and updates made to PCI DSS v4.0. Topics include:
- Background into the Development of the Standard
- Examples of Requirement Changes
- Flexible Approaches to Achieve Security Objectives
- Addressing the Evolution of Technology
- Tackling New and Emerging Threats
- Promoting Security as a Continuous Process
- Reporting Updates
- Transition Timeline for PCI DSS v4.0
- Publication for Supporting Documents and Translations
- Assessor Training
- Where to Find Additional Supporting Resources for PCI DSS v4.0
To review the standard documents and to learn more about PCI DSS v4.0, check out the PCI DSS v4.0 Resource Hub.
Subscribe to the PCI Perspectives blog for additional resources including podcasts, videos, and blog posts designed to help organizations navigate the transition to PCI DSS v4.0.